Your backpack is like a mate during your trek. One way or another it’s either going to make your trek super awesome or is going to be a trouble load to you.
The very first thing that comes to your mind when you plan for a trip? The answer is bag packing. Yes, choosing the right bag for the trek or travel is very important for trouble-free traveling.
How To Choose The Right Backpack For a Trek?
Whether you plan for a Chikmagalur or Manali trek your backpack must be up-to-date To make assured that you purchase the best kind of rucksack, the following are some tips.
- Quality: Quality is the primary thing you should be looking for when you are planning to buy a rucksack. Imagine, if you are going for a 5 days trek and your bag tear off! To avoid this always check the sewing areas and the thread material used!
- Material: Polyesters or Nylon are the suggested and recommended ones for a rucksack as these are the most durable ones! Also, there are lightweights!
- Waterproof: If you planned any trek during the rainy season or plan in the areas where there is most likely to rain then you must go with a waterproof backpack. As these will protect all your belonging from getting wet.
- Size: Rucksacks come in different sizes from 40 Liters to 90 Liters. You should buy as per the requirement, for example, more than a week-long trek, 80 or 90 liters ruck bags is recommended as there is a need to carry more load but for a weekend trip or trek, you can go with 40 liter or 50 liters of ruck bag.
- Height: Different bags are manufactures as per the different body structures and sizes. You can buy a rucksack as per the length of your vertebra.
- Shoulder Straps Widths: Rucksack with padded and adjustable shoulder straps are recommended as the wider the straps, the lesser the weight!
- Compartments: Apartment from the main COmpartments, following compartments should be there:
- Two side pockets
- Water bottle compartment
- Internal pockets
- A different camera compartment
- Laptop compartment,
- A shoe compartment
- Zippers: High quality and thick zipper are important for a ruck bag as they should not get tear up easily
- Hip belt: The weight is distributed to hips and leg muscles if the adjustable padded hip belts are there with the ruck bag
- Color: Never go for light colors as they are not tough to dirt. Go for dark colors like blue, red, or yellow if you an attention grabber. If you don’t like attention, then standard colors like brown, black, or grey.
Hope you find this article helpful. Let us know by commenting in the comment section below.